Joanna French is a registered patent attorney. Joanna’s practice is focused on trademark, copyright, domain name, and related matters. Her areas of practice include portfolio development, clearance, prosecution, and maintenance of domestic and foreign trademarks and copyrights.
Joanna has extensive experience in brand name protection including general infringement matters, licensing, and strategic trademark enforcement, including opposition and cancellation proceedings before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and equivalent national agencies, and ICANN domain name dispute resolution proceedings. She also provides litigation support for intellectual property claims and proceedings before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and equivalent national agencies, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Prior to joining Hueschen and Sage, Joanna worked as an associate attorney at a law firm, where her main area of practice included litigation and contract evaluation.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, LLM, Intellectual Property, 2004
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, JD, cum laude, 2000, Managing Editor for Thomas M. Cooley Law Review
- Kalamazoo College, BA, Chemistry, 1995
- Michigan, 2001
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2003
- Registered Patent Attorney, US Patent and Trademark Office, 2006
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property